Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vacation!!

I'm heading out this morning, weather permitting. Going to fly home for a week and catch up with my kids and my friends and my house. I keep trying to juggle the short time I have there, I guess it will be ok. A person can only do what they can do, right?

I could've picked a better time, maybe a warmer time, but I needed to get out of here and re-group. It's been a year and a 1/2 of major changes: different jobs, new place, different climate, two different apartments, school, new friends and I feel like I need to just get back to the place where I spent over half of my life and touch base or touch down. Something to make me come back here with a new energy and a new outlook.

My bags are packed, there's not too much snow on the ground, the cold I've been trying to fend off for a week took this opportunity to settle in and take hold. I'm hoping a nice steamy shower will knock some of it loose and I won't be hacking and wheezing on the airplane. Have you ever sat next to someone like that? I have and I wanted to open a door and bail about half way through the flight. I wonder if they're going to let me take my cough drops on the plane? It would definitely be in their best interests.

Ok, I'm just about ready to head out. Of course the snow had to start again. Nothing in my life is ever easy but it's always an adventure.

See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment